Date & Time:
Sunday August 28, 2016 @ 3.00pm AEST / 2.30pm ACST / 1.00pm AWST
O’Brien Group Arena, Docklands, Victoria
Tickets available at www.trybooking.com/MAPN - or at the door.
General Admission Adult: $45
General Admission Child (4-13 years): $38.25
History (Note: all stats above are from 2005 to current)
Last meeting: Game 64 - 02/07/2016 - Newcastle North Stars 3 @ CBR Brave 1, Phillip Swimming & Ice Skating Centre - aihl.net/29dc2om
Newcastle North Stars
13 games (4-6-3-0-0)
Head-to-Head (Overall – W-L-SOW-SOL-D)
13 games (6-4-0-3-0)
Overall Goals For (Per Game)
4 games (1-2-1-0)
Head-to-Head (in 2016 – W-L-SOW-SOL-D)
4 games (2-1-0-1)
Goals For in 2016 (Per Game)
Game 32 - 24/05/2014 - CBR Brave 5 @ Newcastle North Stars 2, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium - aihl.net/1TO4MfT
Biggest All-Time Win
Game 33 - 22/05/2016 - CBR Brave 2 @ Newcastle North Stars 7, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium - aihl.net/1U6BYvY
28, 15-9-2-2 (4th)
Season (GP, W-L-SOW-SOL (Rank))
28, 15-7-1-5 (3rd)
Last Five Games (5-4-3-2-1)
Geordie Wudrick: 20GP, 20G, 30A, 50P (5th)
Leading Scorer (Overall Rank)
Connor McLaughlin: 28GP, 35G, 26A, 61P (1st)
Casey Kubara: 27GP, 16G, 33A, 49P (=6th)
Leading Local Scorer (Overall Rank)
Robert Malloy: 28GP, 4G, 27A, 31P (=24th)
Alex Tetreault: 9GP, 3.93GAA (10th), 0.876 SV% (11th)
Dayne Davis: 26GP, 2.46GAA (4th), 0.905 SV% (5th)
47 from 142 - 33.10% (2nd)
29 from 111 - 26.13% (3rd)
30 from 104 - 71.15% (7th)
20 from 117 - 82.91% (1st)
Shorthanded Goals For
Shorthanded Goals Against
Cold Hard Stats
1. The Newcastle North Stars and CBR Brave have split the results this season with two wins each, although one of the Brave wins was in shootout.
2. The teams last played in the AIHL Finals in the 2015 semi-final with the North Stars coming from behind to claim a 4-3 win.
3. The Brave has won 7 of the 13 games against the North Stars.
4. The streak will continue for local or naturalised goalies with the last time an import goalie winning the Goodall Cup being 2007 in the Bears’ Pekka Kankaanranta.
5. This is the first time since 2007 that the 3rd and 4th ranked teams at the end of the regular season will play off for the Goodall Cup.
6. The Newcastle North Stars' Robert Malloy could become the first player in the AIHL to win the Goodall Cup as Captain for two clubs (Ice Dogs Captain in 2013). This would be his third Goodall Cup.
7. The CBR Brave's Casey Kubara's 49 regular season points is the record points tally for a rookie in the AIHL.